“FRINGENTLY” Asked Questions
When and Where is the Winter Mini-Fest?
The Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest will be held January 3-7, 2018, just north of downtown Orlando in Loch Haven Park and the surrounding neighborhoods. Click here for directions!
Our Festival Policies:
- No Button = No show entry (no exceptions).
- No Late Entry to shows (no exceptions).
- No refunds are given for any reason other than show cancellation (no exceptions).
- No ticket exchanges made (no exceptions).
- No outside food or beverage is allowed inside any venue.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased may not leave the Orlando Shakespeare building.
- Beverages are allowed in all of the venues (ORANGE, PINK, and BLUE) and may be purchased in the Darden Courtyard.
- There is a bar at the BLACK venue and beverages are allowed inside during the performances.
Festival Payment Policies:
- Cash, Check and Credit Cards are accepted for shows, merchandise, and donations.
- Cash only for buttons at our Information or Merchandise table, but you can buy one using your credit card at our Box Office or online with a surcharge.
- Cash only for alcohol.
- An ATM is available inside the upper lobby of the Lowndes Shakespeare Center for your convenience.
- There is a $1.25 ticket surcharge for each ticket purchased, regardless of payment type (this money goes to the ticketing company, not Fringe) at the Festival Box Office and online.
- All Fringe shows start on time and once the doors are closed, no entry is allowed. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your shows. Lines can be long, so buying your tickets online in advance is strongly suggested and encouraged! PLEASE PLAN AHEAD FOR PARKING.
- If a show runs over its allotted time, it will be cut off. We are on a tight schedule with the large number of shows in the festival. Please understand this is rare, but may happen.
- No unapproved photography or video recording devices of any kind allowed in venues.
- Please put all electronic devices to vibrate or power them off in the venues.
- No texting during shows.
- There is no re-entry to venues allowed if you leave during a show.
What are the operating hours of the festival?
- We have a Box Office located inside of the Orlando Shakespeare building. You may purchase tickets to ANY venue at the Box Office.
- The Box Office is open Thursday and Friday from 5 PM until 11:30 PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11 AM until Midnight.
- You may purchase tickets 24/7 at our online box office.
- The Beer Tent and Food Vendors are open during festival hours listed above
Do I need a Fringe button?
A Fringe button is required to enter any Fringe show within any venue for anyone 13 years and older. A Fringe button is not required for children 12 and under. The button costs $3 and is a one-time purchase. Button proceeds go to Orlando Fringe to operate the festival. Buttons can be purchased online or at the Fringe Box Office and Fringe Merchandise Booth during the operating hours of the festival.
Can I buy tickets online?
Yes! Browse the shows here and click on the ones you like to purchase tickets.
How much are tickets?
All tickets are $15. There is a $1.25 ticket surcharge on each ticket purchased online and at the Fringe Box Office. FYI: The fees go directly to the ticketing company and not Fringe.
Are any discounts offered?
There are no discounts available during the Winter Mini-Fest. You may purchase a 5 PACK of show tickets for $60 in advance. The 5-packs are limited so get them once they go on sale.
Is there parking?
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first come, first served basis. There is limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking can happen on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues.
What are the show ratings and what do they mean?
Show ratings are determined by the artists, not Orlando Fringe. Shows are required to list their warnings. Remember, Fringe is uncensored. Ratings are based on recommended minimum ages as follows:
- ALL AGES
How long are the shows?
Artists determine the length of their shows. Most Fringe shows are 60 minutes long. No show exceeds 75 minutes.
Are the Fringe venues handicap accessible?
Yes. All venues can accommodate for wheelchair needs. Please speak to the Venue Captain to assist you with early seating.
Is there food at Fringe?
Yes. We will have a food vendor or two at the Winter Mini-Fest. Meat lovers and vegetarians alike will find something to tempt their palate.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Sign up by filling out the form here on our volunteer page or emailing our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.